Chiropractor of the Year (2007) Eastern Ontario Chiropractic Society
Metro Reader's Choice “Top 5 Chiropractors in Ottawa”
Dr. Robert Laquerre, a Chiropractor, Acupuncture, and Certified A.R.T. (Active Release Techniques) and Graston Techniques provider, is our fully bilingual Clinic Director and Owner of the Alta Vista Chiropractic and Massage Clinic in Ottawa. His clinic is a fully integrated health care centre providing superior health care services. These services include the areas of chiropractic, laser therapy, acupuncture, physical therapy, massage therapy, spinal stabilization, exercise programs, nutritional counseling, naturopathic medicine and nutritional counseling.
In his practice, Dr. Laquerre believes in a well rounded approach to treatment. He works with his patients as a "health coach", equipping his patients with an improved knowledge of exercise, pain management, nutrition, and stress management. Consequently, his patients achieve levels of physical and mental health they did not believe were possible.
The Alta Vista Chiropractic and Massage Clinic team have treated NHL hockey players; OHL and minor hockey players; Olympians; professional golfers and other elite athletes overcome sports related injuries and many of these athletes have written letters to our staff which can be viewed in the lobby.
Dr. Laquerrre has completed a post graduate certification course in the advanced diagnosis and treatment of shoulder issues. The shoulder is one of the most complicated joints in the body and is often misdiagnosed and under-treated. If the shoulder pain is not addressed early it can lead to chronic inflammation resulting in the shoulder becoming painful, weak and restricted. If the shoulder problem is detected early and diagnosed properly it can often be treated with significant positive results.
In addition, Dr. Laquerre has lectured extensively on workplace wellness programs for many private and public organizations. Two of his most recent clients include Canada Post Corporation and JTI MacDonald Corporation. In addition to his lectures, he also performs on-site ergonomic assessments. These programs have contributed to improved productivity and happiness of employees within the corporations which he serves. He has also participated as a health expert with Ottawa based radio stations and newspapers and he has been a presenter at the Academy of Medicine in Ottawa.
- Doctor of Chiropractic - Graduate, 1998 The National College of Chiropractic
- Diplomat National Board of Chiropractic Examiners USA - Part I-IV 1998
- Certified Kinesio Tape Provider
- Certified Spider Tape Provider
- Certified Graston Technique Provider
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology - The National College of Chiropractic 1996
- Bachelor of Science with Honours Environmental Science Chemistry - Queen's University 1995
- Fully Certified Active Release Techniques(ART) Provider
- Certified Acupuncture - Member of the Acupuncture Council of Ontario
- Certified in Carpal Tunnel Diagnosis and Treatment
- Ontario Chiropractic Association
- Canadian Chiropractic Association
- Eastern Ontario Chiropractic Society
- Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- National University of Health Sciences
- Lecturer for Academy of Medicine of Ottawa