Dr. Ferzin Mahava was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at the age of four. Being under the care of healthcare professionals from a young age, she developed a passion for the human body and helping others.
Dr. Mahava grew up in Ottawa, Ontario and completed an Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences degree from the University of Ottawa. She then completed her Doctor of Chiropractic degree at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC). At CMCC, Dr. Mahava was heavily involved in the school and chiropractic community. She was the President of Students’ Council in her final year and was recognized with several awards highlighting her academic success, leadership, volunteerism, and service to the profession.
During her clinical internship at CMCC, she managed numerous acute and chronic pain cases leading to the compassion and empathy she feels for her patients. In addition, she was selected for a humanitarian program to treat rural areas in the Dominican Republic. While she was there, she treated patients with no access to healthcare and encountered complex and highly progressed conditions. Seeing the results of her patients has made her passionate about delivering high quality chiropractic healthcare.
Dr. Mahava is trained to diagnose conditions of the musculoskeletal system (muscles, bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, nerves) and how it interacts with the other systems of the body. Her education and experience make her highly skilled at recognizing conditions that fall within the chiropractic scope of practice. When a condition is outside of her scope, she refers patients to other trusted healthcare providers as needed.
She uses evidence-based treatment methods. For each patient she creates a treatment plan that is individually tailored. She treats patients with the goals of addressing the root cause and relieving symptoms. During each appointment she reassesses her patients to ensure the treatment plan is restoring mobility, improving function, reducing pain and resolving the underlying condition. Her treatment methods include:
- Chronic Pain Management
- Custom Foot Orthotics
- Customized Rehabilitation
- Ergonomic and Postural Assessments
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Therapy
- Joint Mobilization
- Myofascial Release Technique
- Patient Education
- Physical Therapy Modalities (Electrotherapy, Low-Level Laser Therapy, Shockwave)
- Spinal & Extremity Manipulation Therapy
Individuals of all ages can benefit from lifestyle changes, proper movement patterns and performance optimization. As a musculoskeletal expert, Dr. Mahava can recommend ergonomic improvements in day-to-day life to prevent recurrence.
Dr. Mahava is always happy to answer any additional questions. She looks forward to serving the Ottawa community!
ONLINE BOOKING: Due to the personalized blend of services and treatments required for Chiropractic, most visits continue to booked by phone or in person.
However there are Chiropractic appointments available with Dr. Mahava for Online booking here Starting September 3rd, 2019 (NOTE: you will need to select "Chiropractic Services" and then scroll to "Dr. Ferzin Mahava" to view her complete online calendar)
If you do not see an online time that suits you, please call our office 613 731-5775 and we will work with you to find a suitable time for your visit.
- Doctor of Chiropractic - Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- Functional Integrated Acupuncture
- Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa
- Mental Health First Aid
- SafeTalk (suicide alertness training)
- SMART Tools (instrument assisted soft tissue therapy)
- Standard First Aid and Level C CPR
- Canadian Chiropractic Association
- Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College Governors’ Club
- Ontario Chiropractic Association
- Canadian Chiropractic Examining Board
- College of Chiropractors of Ontario
Schedule Starting September 3, 2019