Samantha is bilingual Physiotherapist who is committed to improving the quality of life of all her clients through connection and collaboration. She gets to know her clients’ needs and tailors her treatment plans so that her clients are living and performing their best as quickly as possible.
Samantha’s passion for human movement began as a competitive dancer in the Ottawa dance community. This passion, combined with an in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and physiology lends itself to astute diagnostic skills and effective treatments. Physiotherapy is a perfect fit for Samantha because she enjoys making meaningful connections and educating her clients on the nature of their injuries, which ultimately leads to better outcomes.
Since completing her Masters degree in Physical Therapy, Samantha has taken continuing education courses in Pelvic Floor rehabilitation. A largely under-serviced area of practice, pelvic floor physio has “Level 1, Grade A” evidence to support its effectiveness. Alta Vista’s private treatment rooms lend themselves perfectly to this advanced area of practice which can bring about so much positive change in clients lives. Samantha also has continuing education credits in dance injury rehabilitation and TMJ physiotherapy.
In a session with Samantha, she will likely treat your injury from many different angles. You will feel comfortable and cared-for. Once some improvements in pain and function have been made, she will help you prevent re-injury and fully enjoy life.
- Masters of Science in Physical Therapy - Queen’s University
- Honours Bachelor of Science, Major in Biology, Major in English Literature – University of Ottawa
- Pelvic Health Solutions: The Physical Therapy Approach to Female and Male Urinary Incontinence
- Introduction to Dance Medicine and Survey of Dance Injuries – Harkness Centre for Dance Injuries
- APTEI: Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Management
- Ontario College of Physiotherapists
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Ontario Physiotherapy Association
< a href="https://altavistachiropractic.com/physiotherapy/">Read More about Physiotherapy
Read more about Physiotherapy