How does SpiderTech work?
The tape, made with hypoallergenic acrylic glue, is manufactured to be the same
weight, thickness and elasticity as the skin and is therefore able to integrate with the
body’s sensory system naturally. There are 3 possible categories of effect which have
been identified depending on the method of application and the therapeutic outcome
- Dynamically supports better postural positions.
- Prevent harmful ranges of motion without a hard end feel.
- Reduce strain on affected muscle.
- Enhanced sensory stimulation leading to decreased perception of
- Restoration of normal muscle activation and function.
- Reinforces the restoration of functional stability.
- Promotes peripheral neuroplasticity.
- Stimulation of the skin’s endogenous analgesic system.
- Wave pattern formation.
- Superficial fascial thixotrophy.
- Improved lymphatic flow.
- Improved superficial microcirculatory flow.
The End Result
- The patient is able to achieve early engagement in pain-free ranges of
motion and strengthening exercises.
- The patient becomes an active participant in the therapeutic process.
- The patient is able to take the therapy home with them maintaining the
treatment objectives between their treatments.