Chiropractic is one of the many regulated health professions in Canada that focuses on the assessment, treatment, and prevention of physical injury and disease. Our Chiropractors at the Alta Vista Chiropractic and Massage Clinic have completed a four year post graduate degree and continue to upgrade their training with Post graduate courses.
On your initial visit your chiropractor will assess your specific condition. A detailed history of your injury will be taken and a musculoskeletal examination involving orthopaedic and neurological testing will be performed. A clinical diagnosis will then be established to identify and appropriately treat your condition. Based on your assessment individual goals will be created, and a specific therapy plan will be initiated.
You can expect that during your first visit one of our doctors will perform an assessment involving not only orthopaedic and neurological testing but Muscle and Joint testing to prepare an individual treatment plan designed to remove your pain and restore function to the affected regions.
Your customized treatment plans may include:
• Myofascial Release Techniques ie: Active Release Technique (ART), Graston Technique
• Electrical Modalities to control pain, relax muscles, and reduces inflammation, ie: Interferential Current (IFC), TENS, Ultrasound, Laser Therapy and Shockwave (Extrecorporeal Shockwave)
• Exercise/Rehabilitation to stretch and strengthen affected muscles and joints
• Chiropractic manual therapy or mobilization to affected joints and soft tissue.
• Education to address posture, injury prevention, work ergonomics body ergonomics.
• Return to sport injury prevention.
• Nutritional Counseling.
At Alta Vista Chiropractic and Massage Clinic we have the staff, the skills and the experience to help provide you with a recovery and maintenance program designed specifically for your unique requirements.
How Long is Each Visit?
The initial appointment last approximately 1 hour. Subsequent treatment visits can range from about 30 to 45 minutes in length depending on your condition and program.